Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blue Vintage Dress

A few weeks ago my sister's best friend had a wonderful wine and cheese party. The theme was Mad Men (the show) so we were all encouraged to dress accordingly. Of course I needed to make something so I searched through my mom's old patterns and found the perfect one. How appropriate that it is a vintage pattern for a vintage themed party.
McCalls 5811 (Old) View A
I wanted to find two fabrics that went well together but also different so that you'd be able to see the contrast. I went with the Casa Collection of fabrics because it had a selection of different materials in the same color, but they have different textures. I chose a shiny satin and a muted crepe. I also shortened the dress (makes it a little more modern) so I could wear it again if I wanted to.

I don't normally like to post pictures of myself, but the dress wouldn't fit on my dress form.
Plus, she had a photobooth set up and the pictures turned out wonderfully.

Miranda is such a great photographer. Make sure you check out her blog about the party. Notice the black dress with the sheer flowing sleeves? I made that as well :)
 Also, don't hesitate to check out all of her other wonderful photos!!!
~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment