Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Baby Shower Gifts #2

Here is #2 in my posts for the baby gifts I made for my sister-in-law. This project was my original plan for my gift. I wanted to make a collection of  items that had coordinating fabrics. So I made a burp cloth, 3 bibs, and a nursing cover.

Burp Cloth with Blue Terry Cloth Backing

Two of the three bibs I made have appliques on them that I cut out from scraps of the Quilt Motif fabric. I used an iron-on adhesive to attach them to the fabric, then stitched them to make them more secure.
Bib #1 Side A with Owl Applique & B Quilt Motif

Bib #2 Side A with Bear Applique & Side B Polka Dot

Bib #3 Side A with Strip Print & Side B Plain Green

Bibs Side A

Bibs Side B

Nursing Cover- It has a piece of boning (a hard strip of plastic) 
along the top to keep it away from the body so she can look down at the baby

If you haven't already checked it out, go take a look at the Baby Shower Gifts #1 post.

Stay tuned for the best gift of them all!! I was so excited to make this final gift so you don't want to miss it :)

Enjoy
~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment