Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Good-Bye Summer

Ten days is not acceptable to me to not blog. I'm trying to keep up and make sure I keep this a regular thing but sometimes life gets in the way :(

Anyways, I wanted to post one last summer dress in honor of the end of summer slowing creeping upon us, although the weather is not making up it's mind. This was made for my sister Katie. She wanted a cute maxi dress and so I took her shopping for fabric and she picked a beautiful floral printed knit. I used a turquoise knit underneath because it was a little sheer. I actually made the dress reversible because I loved the color of the solid fabric.
 Front                                Back
 
And this is how the other side of the dress looks when it is reversed.
 Front                                  Back
 The back was done by using the elastic shirring I had done on previously.
The dresses I had made for myself with the shirring is made her want me to make her a dress, so I had to add it.

 Forgive the strange shape of the bust. My dress-form's bust is small :/

To be honest, she might even be able to wear it in the fall because the fabric is actually pretty warm, considering she's got two layers to keep her cozy. Just have to find a cute cardigan to go with it.

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment