Saturday, September 3, 2011

Framed Art

This past week I have done a lot, and I mean A LOT of sewing. Especially on Thursday, where I practically did it all day, except for a few breaks and for food. I had 4 armchair slip covers and 4 bench covers (4'x4') to make for a wedding that was today. Hopefully I can get some pictures to show all the had work I did. Lots of fabric and lots of stitching,

To say the least, it's the first time I've been tired of sewing. To keep myself sane, I decided to do a fun little project for my sewing room. I had bought a super cute wall decoration that I couldn't pass up, a couple months ago. I had been waiting to put it somewhere because I knew it would have a permanent spot once I put it up.

Then I saw a picture online that inspired me to do something different. Use picture frames and make my own artwork that I can take wherever I have a new sewing room. After some fussing and switching pieces around, this is what I came up with...


I love how they turned out! They are plain colors so that whatever design/color scheme I might have, they'll go with it. I can't wait to put them up! And I have another project I'm working on that is super cute and hopefully will go with these pictures.

What do you think? Did I put them together well? All artists start somewhere :)

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment