Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Bridal Shower Gift Basket- Tote Bag

I was meaning to post this last week, but as always, life gets in the way. This is a continuation of the bridal shower post. As a bridesmaid, we were given the task of creating a basket for a prize. Of course I knew I wanted to make something, so I had to think about it a little. I decided to create a few bags for travel purposes. One was a tote bag (this post) and the other was a smaller bag with some zipper closures (next post) that you'd be able to put in the tote. Then I bought some travel size toiletries and put it all in a basket (I'll post pictures of that too).

Since I didn't want to spend a great deal of money on this basket, I decided to use extra fabric and notions that I had laying around. The tote almost has a "vintage" feel, first because of the print (which I love), but also it basically is vintage because my mom had the fabric for looong time. It's a pretty simple bag, with two straps, two pockets on the inside, a Velcro closure, and it's squared off at the bottom for a little more support.

Full View of Tote Bag

Showing both straps


The inside has a Velcro closure and pockets near the top on both sides, matching the outside fabric.
This bag is from a pattern that I used for one of the classes that I taught, so I have one pretty similar to it, just not as big (I'll have to post a picture of it soon). I use it all the time, so I hope whoever won it will do the same!

Look for the next post with the zip up bag that goes inside of it!

~JV

Update: Here's the post of the zip up bag
Zip Up Bag
And the post of the gift basket
Gift Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment