Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One of My Favorites

Just to start off my blog as soon as possible I wanted to show one of my favorite projects from school.

We were instructed to create a garment out of objects that were not used in apparel design. I chose newspaper and comics since every Sunday my mom would save the comics for me to read. I loved the contrast between the  black and white of the newspaper and the colors of the comics. I added embroidery floss and buttons for a bit more of a creative touch.

Tape, glue, staples, and a lot of hard work kept it all together.

 The Front View- the belt and neck straps are a 4-strand braid of embroidery floss
 The Back View- the back of the belt had 3 decorative buttons
The Side View


Cool thing is, this dress fit me and I wore it in the fashion show for the class to show off our projects.
It was definitely a highlight in my college memories.
ENJOY!!!


~JV

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing!!!- Sarah Kew (Anderson)

    ReplyDelete