Saturday, July 2, 2011

Dresses of Summer

At the end of spring while I was putting my winter clothes away and hanging up my summer stuff, I realized that I had a lot of summer dresses. I was determined to wear more dresses this summer. While I have worn quite a few, I've actually made more. So I wanted to use the month of July to show the dresses I have made, from this summer and the last couple years.

I missed the first day of this month (July sprung up on me) so I am posting two dresses that I have made out of the same fabric, a floral knit from Jo Anns.

The first one was finished this past week after playing with the idea I had for about a week. I started it out as a tank dress with a flounce around the neckline, with an elastic waistband.. It didn't quite look the way I wanted so I decided to cut the back off and make a cute braided/twist strap.




This second one I actually started last year to wear for a 4th of July party. Again I was having problems with how I wanted it to turn out. I set it aside and didn't pick it back up until a couple weeks ago. I guess I had a long time to figure it out since once I picked it up, I knew exactly what to do with it. The top is a woven navy linen with a band around the waist, with white round buttons to close up the back.




I have yet to wear them, and I don't know why because I love them both. But hey the 4th is only a couple days away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment