Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Floral Skirt- Metal Zipper

Sorry sorry sorry! That's an apology to myself too. I promised myself I wouldn't slack on my blog but I have. It's been a busy two weeks after vacation (doesn't that always happen?). I don't want to make excuses so I'm doing a quick blog tonight to keep myself happy.

This skirt was something I made from extra fabric I had left over from a shirt I made. The fabric was too shear to not add a lining under so I made it from an old dress I found in my grandma's basement. I liked the ruffle so I wanted to add it underneath for a cute feminine touch.

I've been wanting to make a garment with an exposed metal zipper so I used that technique on this skirt.
It's a unique touch but not too drastic because of the print. And to me it really doesn't matter if you wear it at the front or the back. Guess it depends on you mood :)

Hope you are satisfied with this fast blog- for now!

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment