Thursday, November 3, 2011

Floral Shirt and Blue Jacket

I'M BACK!!!! I've finally got internet at my place and I'm ready to get back to blogging. This is something I've been wearing quite a bit for work (mixing it up with different pieces). The jacket was made from a Cynthia Rowley Simplicity pattern. The shirt I designed myself by draping on my dressform.

Front                                                       Back
I love the dark blue cotton fabric that mutes the print of the shirt but also shows some of the detail of it by having a sheer effect on the back. It's a simple wrap design with a belt that ties around the waist twice to a bow in the front. It's a great jacket to mix up with different pieces in my closet. 

Front                                                    Back
When I was designing this shirt, I wanted to create a neckline that would show from the front of the jacket. I also wanted to make sure it could stand on its own. I like the look of a layered ruffle with a cascade down the front. The print is more busy than I usually wear so I decided a simple design of the actual shirt was best. The cap sleeves have a single ruffle around the edge.

Simplicity- Cynthia Rowley 2250

Here's hoping I keep at it!!

~JV

1 comment: