Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fun Pot Holders

I'm going to be making some pot holders for a friend and of course I needed to do some examples to make sure I knew what I was doing. The instructions I followed are from the blog Skip to My Lou 

I used scrap fabric I had hanging around the house, bleached muslin, and created the lettering using black embroidery floss. 
The best part of the project is the "lined paper" look of them. It's created by stitching blue lines across horizontally and a red line on the left vertically. Put any message you like :)
Front Views of both pot holders

Back Views of pot holders
Don't mind the binding, they are "prototypes" :)

The blog I followed had a cute saying so I wanted to add funny little phrases for each pot holder.


I think they are super cute and pretty simple to put together. They could be made from so many different fun, crazy, unique prints and the sky is the limit when it comes to what you want written on them!!

Hope you like them as much as I do :)

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment