Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scarf Night!

First lets start off by referencing my previous post about the t-shirt scarf I made: http://sewingpassion.blogspot.com/2012/02/t-shirt-scarf.html
I had some friends and family comment on my facebook about it so I decided to have people over for a scarf night/Pinterest party (since that's where the idea came from).

So on Sunday night I had a few ladies over and basically "taught a class" so they could make their own scarves. I bought about 15 L-XL t-shirts (good thing they were on sale) in a variety of colors and we went to town making scarves.
Here's a picture of the girls hard at work

These are pictures of most of the scarves that were made
Heather

Heather

Erin
Erin also have a light purple one I didn't get a picture of. It was like Heather's tan scarf.

Katie

Katie

Lauren

Lauren

Julia

Julia

We had a lot of fun making these. Pizza, snacks, and wine were involved which added to the fun (especially the last part). There was some sewing involved so it helped to have it at my place. And that's also the reason why I had to finish my one scarf once everyone left since I had a lot of sewing to do for the ladies. But I didn't mind because they had a great time and their scarves turned out beautiful!!!

Now it's time to check out Pinterest to figure out our next craft night!

~JV

My older sister also came but was making some really cute felt flowers for St. Patrick's Day. I'll have to make some too and post about it.

I also have about 15 tops of shirts that I have to figure out what to do with. My younger sister suggested making braided headbands so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment