Monday, May 7, 2012

Music Letters

Every two months new classes come out for the sewing courses. Sometimes the classes repeat themselves and that's the case for the Teen Sewing 101 class. The pattern was letter pillows and it was for January through April. I had the final class with this project last weekend.

Any samples I make for the class where I buy the supplies I obviously get to keep. Most of the time they are clothes that I'll alter and wear at some point so I don't mind. For this project, I couldn't really figure out a word that I could make that would look appropriate for my apartment. So I asked my sister if one of our younger cousins might want their name or something. That's when my 20 year old sister said "Make them for me!!!" How could I refuse? :) So she wanted me to make the pillows spell out MUSIC. She loves to sing and it's a theme she had in her room.

They are individual letters (although you could hand stitch them together if you wanted) and about a foot tall. Every letter was included in the package so the sky's the limit when it comes to the words someone wants made.

All of the letters in order
 Here are the individual shots of each letter.






I asked my sister for a picture of the letters so I could blog them, and she took one right after I had gotten my pictures, so I wanted to include her picture too

I had to hang on to them for four months so now she was finally able to take them home and set them up in her room. Wonder where she'll put them?

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment