Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Notebook Pot Holders

At the end of the past few months I think to myself "I'm so glad this month is over. Next month will be much more relaxing." Let me tell you how wrong that is. It would be nice to have a little break, but I'm living the life of a freelance designer; there's always something to work on. I'm not complaining though, because I am so grateful for the opportunities coming my way.

I've just finished with a few major projects I've been working on, so now it's time to move on. Today's post is about some potholders I've made, and now will be my next project to continue working on. If you remember, I had made some a while back for myself (Check it out here). Those were a test run for the ones I made for a client/friend. Miranda of Inner Circle Photography (http://innercirclephotography.com/) asked me to make "Notebook Potholders" for her clients (how cool is she?!?). I happily obliged and set to work for two clients.

The front is a bleached cotton fabric with rows of blue and pink stitching to imitate the lines of a notebook. The names are hand embroidered (for anyone familiar with my handwriting it's pretty obvious). The back fabric is where you can get creative with your fabric choice. We went with fabric that matches her colors on the website. It also has a thermal-fabric layer to help keep your hands from getting hot.

Lana + John: Striped Fabric
Front View
Lana + John: Striped Fabric
Back View
JoJo + Matt Paisley Fabric
Front View
JoJo + Matt Paisley Fabric
Back View
Front View of Both Styles
Back View of Both Styles
I love these! Miranda has given me more names so I'm excited to shop around and see what other fabrics we can use. They are such a unique gift and it shows just how much Miranda cares for her clients (and how creative she is). 
If you want some potholders you may just have to get your picture taken :)

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment