Friday, April 27, 2012

Multi-Colored/Black Satin Trimmed Blouse

I've tried really hard lately to keep up with this little blog I've got going on here. This month has just been a little crazy with all the working and freelance jobs I've had going on. But I'm taking some time to post. Just a simple post about a blouse. I've actually had this made for some years now, but it's never too late to show off my work.

This sheer multi-colored fabric was left over from a fashion show for SADA (Student Apparel Design Association- an MSU fashion club) I did in 2009. I don't think I've posted pictures of that yet, but I'll get around to it. It's from the pattern I used for a blue shirt I wore for the show. Click the link to see it.

Besides the sheer fabric, I used a black satin for the trim around the neckline. I also had to use an interfacing for the facing around the whole neckline (which you can see through the fabric). I'll have to figure out a way to fix it so you can't see the interfacing.

The Front and Back Views, Full Blouse 

Front and Back Views with a Ribbon Belt

This blouse is from McCall's Pattern 5708 View B

It's a great blouse to wear with a cute belt, and there's plenty of colors to work with so there are a lot of options for camisoles to wear underneath too.
~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment