Monday, January 30, 2012

1.29.12 Bridal Show

Yesterday was my first ever bridal show. It was through Unique Weddings and Events. It was at the Shriner Silver Garden Center (beautiful venue uniquely structured building with so much space inside). I was in the main room with about 20-some other vendors. And there was a stage set up where they had a fantastic fashion show.
I showcased the two wedding dresses I had made previously and then also a new gown, a new bridesmade dress and an older "bridesmaids" dress (which was actually a dress I wore for my brother's wedding). 
Here is a picture of my table, my sister modeling, and myself.
I had pictures of some of my creations, a portfolio, comment cards, business cards, and also some fruit snacks for those health conscious brides :)
I am also wearing a bridesmaids dress I created from an old dress I found at a thrift store. And I am standing next to the lasted gown I created, a vintage lace inspired gown.(I'll blog about these two dresses next)

A close up of the vintage/lace dress
A close up of the first wedding dress I made
Me and my fans!
Thanks for coming out in the blizzard.

The experience was something new, scary, and exciting. I was super nervous the days before and even while I was there. We had expected a lot of people but the weather was pretty bad which prevented us from having as many brides as we wanted. When I think it over, I'm ok with it having been slow, that way I was able to see how bridal shows work without being overwhelmed by a million brides.

It was a learning experience and now I am able to see exactly what I need for the next show. I'm thankful I had my family and friends there to support me and encourage me. They back me up (and man the table when I want to eat something).

Now I just have to come up with more dresses to showcase at the next event!
~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment