Monday, January 30, 2012

Close up of Bridal Show Dresses

Here are some pictures that go along with the Bridal Show from Jan 29, 2012

My original idea was to take an old wedding dress and reconstruct it to showcase that I can remake a mother's/grandmother's weddign dress for a bride. But when I was looking they either didn't have enough material or details to work with, or they cost way more than I was willing to spend. So I decided to make a bridesmaids dress instead.
I bought a light pink layered dress at the thrift store for about 3 dollars.
Front view
The dress had multiple layers as well as long sleeves and a few other details
Shoulder lace detail
Buttons on the sleeves
Front view
I kept it more simple in the front because you'll see that the back is quite detailed
It has a gathered waistline as well as gathered on the sides.
This was the first "draft" of how the back looks. It ended up not having the extra fabric connecting the lace and the bodice, the lace directly connected to the bodice. The buttons are from the sleeves and the lace from the shoulder. I really liked how this dress turned out even though I made it so last minute. And I got a lot of compliments (which always makes you feel good)

This vintage inspired wedding dress was designed mostly by playing with the lace a bit and keeping a simple design with a few beautiful details. The lace was an old fabric my mom had forever (so I guess it is vintage). and the only fabric I had to buy was the chiffon for the skirt.
The front has a high neckline to offset the design in the back. The sleeves are a short flared style which could be altered if the bride wanted a cap or even "tank" style. The belt is removable and gathered in four sections and connects in the back.
If you look at the blog about the actual show, you'll see that the skirt is a three layer design. It is sheer at the bottom so you'd be able to see your shoes. Again that's a detail where I could lenghten the underskirt to cover the shoes.
For the back I wanted to create this beautiful deep V design to showcase the bride's back. It's a design feature that isn't too elaborate but sure does make a statement. I absolutely love how it turned out.

Hope you enjoyed these close-ups!

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment