Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sneek peek


This weekend is an exciting time for me. I will be attending my first bridal show as a vendor. I'm not sure what to expect or if I'll even get any clients from it but I am sure that it will be a great learning experience for me. So wish me luck :)

The event is being run by Charlene of Unique Weddings and Events, whom I do freelance work through. She is a big promoter of helping local up and coming businesses (although I wouldn't quite say I have a business yet). She will be doing four bridal shows this year and her first is "All About the Dress" 

Shriners Silver Garden Events Center of Southfield, MI
January 29, 2012 12pm to 4pm
Check out more information at the website
and also in The Knot (Michigan)


I have been trying my hardest to get more dresses done to display at the show but have been so busy I haven't quite made as many as I would have liked. But I keep telling myself I have three more shows this year to display my skills. I had started to make these beautiful flowers to add to a dress but haven't gotten to it. So instead I am going to pin them around my booth to add a little flair.
 I will definitely end up using them on a dress so I'll put that up as soon as I make it.

And the future shows are as follows (I'm really excited about the last two)
April 29, 2012 "Brides Just Wanna Have Fun" Carpathia Club, Sterling Heights
August 26, 2012 "Moroccan Theme" Eastern Market Sheds 3+4, Detroit
October 21, 2012 "Tying the Knot" Detroit Princess Boat

I'll let you know how it goes and have some photos too!!!

~JV

1 comment:

  1. Your design on these is awesome...I can't wait to see the dress you'll design and make for these flowers to shine on!

    ReplyDelete