Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Fireworks Black Shirt

I really am horrible about this blogging. But can you blame me with the holidays? No you can't :) So I'm back and ready to show some of the things I created over the last month. First and foremost I need to track down the gifts I made and take pictures. So for now I'm posting a shirt I wore over the holidays.

This shirt I created about a year ago for a friend's birthday get-together. I wanted something I could wear over leggings or with some skinny jeans and a cute pair of boots I had gotten. I love to wear dark clothes in the winter but still wanted some vibrancy to it. I absolutely love this print, I call it the fireworks print because that's exactly what it looks like (with some hints of a floral design).
It is a very loose fit but looks super cute with a belt.
See? And I have so many belts to wear with this, it's nice to switch it up.
Butterick 5496 View C
I altered the pattern a bit by not doing the elastic around the waistline. I wanted to be able to but the belt where ever I pleased

Enjoy!
I'll get those Christmas gift pictures asap so you can see how busy I really have been :)

~JV

1 comment:

  1. umm.. this is adorable!

    when i'm skinner, can you make me a whole new wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete