Friday, March 16, 2012

Living Room Pillows

As I've said before, I teach sewing classes at JoAnn's. I've been trying to post pictures of the projects we've done in class. Tonight I'm posting two styles of pillows we've created. The first one (felt flower) is for the March/April classes, and the second (swirled print, double layered) was for the January/February classes.
The students only get to make one in the class but I decided to make two of each for my own sake, to go in my living room. The colors match a beautiful landscape painting I have on the wall.

The pillow from the Jan/Feb class is a double layered design with the pillow form basically sandwiched between, with a stitching encasing it. I used a black/tan swirled print fabric on the outside and a plain cotton fabric on the inside, matching one of the outside color.

This picture shows one of the corners folded down so you can see the inner fabric.

This pillow is from Simplicity Pattern 9873 View A, Sewing for Dummies :)


The felt flower pillow for this month and next is one that I really love. Such an easy way to add some flair to your pillow (I'm thinking of adding a button or something to the center of each). 

A close up view of the felt flower, it has 7 circular layers, one on top of the other (kind of a pain to sew as the layers get thicker)

This pillow is from Simplicity Pattern 1933 View A
I love the other pillows in this package as well. Although I've been told I have enough pillows as it is :/

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment