Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Vintage Blouse

I'm going to start off by saying my Grandma's basement is one of the best places to find awesome vintage clothing. That being said, when I visited her last Friday, I came home with a bag of clothes. Love it!! One of the pieces she gave me was a beautiful kimono style turquoise, blue, and brown print blouse.  My favorite colors.

Front

Back with keyhole button closure at neck

I was going out on Saturday for a friend's birthday and decided why not add just a little bit of a new design to the shirt. I needed to do something fast so I added elastic shirring to the waist. I had looked at a shirt I liked that had a shirring around the waistline so I used that as my inspiration for the quick redesign.

 The elastic shirring is a quick stitch with thread in the top of the machine and elastic thread in the bottom. It automatically gathers up the fabric. I did 10 lines of this stitching under the bust and across the waist.
Front

Back

Close up of shirring

I love it and love that it was so easy to remake. Now I have to figure out what to do with the other clothes.
~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment