Monday, March 19, 2012

Blue/Purple Floral Scarf

I know a while back I said I would post projects that I made people for Christmas. Forgive me for doing some a bit late. I seem to be a bit scattered in my blogging. But I'm doing it so that's what counts. The next couple blogs will be along the same lines (same project but for different people).

For one of the classes I taught in November/January, the project was a super cute button infinity scarf. So of course I made an example that I would eventually be able to wear myself.
I have a stockpile, or should I say bins, of fabric galore. So I didn't even have to buy fabric, or even the buttons. I used a floral silk I had left over from a dress I wore to my brother's wedding and a purple lining I had stored away.

Folded with the Buttons on the Right Side of the Picture
The 5 Buttons have a Silver Shell with a Purple Gem


Showing the Purple Lining Underneath
The floral print has a slight hint of purple in it so I wanted the lining to bring it out a little more.

I mentioned Christmas presents at the start so obviously I haven't kept it for myself. I had made gifts for all my sisters and wanted to make one for my sister-in-law as well. So I thought it would have a lot of meaning if I gave her this scarf made out of fabric I wore to her wedding. So I (I mean my mom) shipped it off to Japan where hopefully she's been able to wear it :)

Stay tuned for more scarves!!

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment