Friday, April 13, 2012

Blue Sheer Tunic

Two posts in one day, but there's a reason. This tunic I made is also something I created to wear for my birthday. In celebration of my 25th birthday we went bowling with friends and family. So I decided to make another shirt to wear out. I wanted something that would be cute but comfortable to wear to a bowling ally. The fabric I chose was a sheer blue floral print that would breath if I got too hot while knocking those bowling pins down.

This tunic has a deep v-neckline as well, with 3/4 length sleeves, and a tie with elastic under the bust. The hem hits around the mid-thigh. It's a pretty simple design but still really cute. 

Front View with tie under the bust

Close up View of Front V-neck

Back View

This tunic is from Simplicity Pattern 0347
(Again sorry about the glare)

 Since the hem hits at the mid-thigh, it's something that could be worn with leggings (I had on skinny jeans). I may have to look into making the dress with the short sleeves because it would be great for the summer, especially in a beautiful cotton fabric.

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment