Friday, April 13, 2012

Pink Floral Shirt

Today's post is one I've been meaning to do for a couple weeks but just got around to getting pictures. This shirt is one I made to wear for my birthday last month. I love making new clothes for special events so of course I had to make something to wear for my 25th birthday.

The fabric I decided to use is one I've have for quite a while and could never decide what to do with it. So finally I told myself to just use it. I love the delicate sheer floral print so I thought it would be perfect with a flowy top. I knew I'd have to wear a cami under it so I picked a design with a deep v-neckline.
The shirt also has a belt made in the same fabric (which is tough to see in the photos), and the sleeves have straps that tie into a bow.
Front View with matching belt tied to the side

Side View of sleeve with ties and view of belt in front

Back View

This shirt is from Simplicity Pattern 1872, top view
(Sorry about the glare)

The garments in this pattern are obviously a looser fit. When I went with the size indicated in the back, it ended up being a bit bigger then I had hoped. The tie belt definitely helps to pull it in for a closer fit. But I do want to eventually make the dress so I'll have to keep in mind to make it a smaller size.

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment