Thursday, August 4, 2011

Mixer Cover

Well after a month of blogging about dresses, I wanted to throw something different into the mix. I'm that person who likes to make people gifts for birthdays and such. Yes I'll probably end up being one of those ladies who give funny little gifts to her nieces and nephews (and even my own children) and they'll say "Thanks!" with a fake smile. Hopefully I can make trendy things they would like :) 

Anyways, I decided to make my sister a mixer cover for her KitchenAid mixer. She is baker and makes delicious cupcakes and goodies. Her kitchen and kitchen tools were all pink so I found some cute fabric and floral print to match it. And it is reversible with a batting in the middle, which was interesting trying to figure out how to put together.
The pink side has two pockets and a flower cutout (from the floral print) stitched on the large pocket. 
It also has some ribbon stitched on the edges of the pockets.

I did some outlining with embroidery floss on the flower for a more personal touch.

The floral side also has two pockets. I used a white bias tape on the edges of the pockets. I also made piping to put on the other edges of the cover.
I love this print and was really excited to use it for something. I think I have a good amount of it left. Enough for a dress? We'll see.

I really enjoyed making it for her. She loved it (unless she had that fake smile haha). I've wanted to make a cover for both my mom and brother so maybe this post will inspire me to make them.

~JV

1 comment:

  1. Great job on this! Do you happen to still have the pattern for this that you would be willing to share? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete