Monday, August 1, 2011

Wedding Dress #1

I wanted to end the month of July and the Dresses of Summer with a bang. But I happened to miss the last day of July. No matter, I'll still post some of my favorite dresses.

This first is a wedding dress I designed for a friend who was doing a photo shoot downtown. Miranda Hopkins of Inner Circle Photography is my sister's best friend and a wonderful photographer. She wanted a custom wedding dress and came to me for it. I was very excited to design and create this gown.

It is a one shoulder gown with an empire waist. The skirt has a good number of ruffles cascading vertically down. It hits right at the hip. The bodice is a simple princess seamed style so it doesn't take away from the fullness of the skirt.

These are some of the accessories I created for the shoot. They all have hair clips on them but a couple were actually used as pins on the gown. They were fun to design and put together.

Here are some shots of me cutting a couple inches off the bottom so she didn't trip :)
  
The shoot was at a really interesting building called 4731 Gallery in downtown Detroit.
People thought there was an actual wedding going on.

Just a few photos of everyone fixing the model up to create the perfect shot.

Check out http://projectbride.com/2011/06/10/yellow-blue/ for a full look at the shoot. Gorgeous right?
(Yeah that's me as the bridesmaid)

Also check out Miranda's photography at http://innercirclephotography.com/

I really hope you enjoy this post because this was such a great experience for me. It has helped me network and get my freelance work off to a start. I actually met Charlene of Unique Weddings and Events through this shoot who has been giving me a lot of work.

Enjoy!!!

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment