Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Triple Threat

7am I will be on my way up north for a week long vacation. Because of this, I wanted to post a few outfits to keep you happy for a week (hopefully). Luckily I had a day off on Tuesday so I was able to crank out a few garments.
This first one is a skirt I made for my boyfriend's sister. She likes green and so I found a cute swirled green print fabric to use. It's a simple skirt with elastic at the waist. It can be worn either under the bust or at the waist.

This second one I also made for his sister. I had started to make a dress with the grey top a couple weeks ago. I decided to use it to make a dress for her. It was hard to choose what to use with it. Finally I chose this cute striped fabric (that I have enough of to make a million dresses) and used it horizontally. I think it turned out super cute and looks great on her :)
It's got elastic around the top and under the bust.
The back has the elastic shirring to keep it fitted to the body.

Does this fabric look familiar?
I had extra of the teal and grey striped knit and wanted to make a fun tube top dress out of it. I found the perfect teal fabric to use for the top to keep the stripes from being too powerful.  Again, I put elastic around the top and under the bust. Although the top is a little longer than I wanted, but I can always wear it at the waist. 
The back has the elastic shirring to fit to the body.
Back Close Up View
I wanted to add a little more fun to the dress by making the elastic shirred section out of the striped fabric but used it vertically. I wanted to make it a little surprise when I turn around.

I will definitely be wearing this dress during my vacation :)

I'm not one to toot my own horn, and even though these are more simple designs, I'm proud of myself for being able to make all three of these in one day. It makes me want to challenge myself even more.

See you in a week!!!

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment