Friday, August 26, 2011

Suits Me Well

Hello Everyone!!! Sorry it's been so long. I had a great vacation and since coming back I have been working a lot. Thus my neglecting my little blog here. Well now that I've had a nice long nap I'm ready to start posting again.

I'm returning to blogging by posting an ensemble. This suit was made for a job interview I had. I didn't end up wearing the jacket, but I've been waiting for colder weather to pair the it up with a cute pair of jeans and some boots.

Both fabrics were purchased from Jo Ann's from the red tag fabric so I got a lot for a little (which I love). So I do have both left over and will be making more stuff from them. Eventually. One is a grey metallic suiting that isn't very heavy, and the other is a sheer floral print with strips of bias tape, made from the same material, sewn in swirls around the entire fabric.

Front                                         Back
The front of the jacket has a 3/4 length sleeve, two welt pockets on either side, a notched collar, princess seams, and I added two silver buttons to bring some pop to it.
The back has princess seams as well and two tabs with the same silver buttons on them.

Front                                           Back
The shirt is a basic design with a short kimono style sleeve and shoulder seams that come towards the front with a gathered detail to them. I added a solid teal bias tape to the sleeves for a fun pop of color.
The skirt is a pretty simple too. It has a thick waistband with four pleats in the front. The zipper is at the side seam. The skirt fits at the waist and hits a little above the knee.

This ensemble is a perfect business suit but can also be broken up to wear as individual pieces so I will most definitely be making more pieces to wear with them.

I hope this was an enjoyable post considering there haven't been some in a few weeks :)

~JV
P.S. Sorry about the wrinkles

No comments:

Post a Comment