Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dresses of Summer- Evening Wear

I'm back from camping and had a few days to rest so now I'm back to post more beautiful dresses.

The next couple posts I will be showing some dresses I designed and made specially for a trip I took to Hawaii with my family in December of 2009. My brother was married there in a beautiful ceremony. His wife grew up there and they thought it was the perfect place to bring both families together in celebration. The nine day trip was full of great people, beautiful sites, and created a lifetime of wonderful memories.

This first dress I designed and made to wear to their ceremony. The floral silk is a fabric I bought at Jo Ann's and thought it was perfect for a Hawaiian wedding. It's a simple design that is a fitted turquoise strapless top with pleats and a floral A-line skirt with a empire waist that has a white crepe back satin for a band.

I like to add little details into dresses and this was a technique I used in a few projects at school. I thought it would bring a bit more to a simple dress design. 

The double bow in the back is for a pop of surprise when I would turn around.
I loved this touch.

I had actually made a dress to wear to the wedding before I designed this one, then ended up not wanting to wear the other one so I came up with something on my own and loved it. I absolutly love this dress and just looking at it makes me think of how wonderful my trip to Hawaii was.

P.S. This is Hanauma Bay where we went snorkling and layed out in the sun.
The picture doesn't do it justice.

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment