Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dresses of Summer- Fashion Show

When I went to State I was part of a student organization called SADA, or Student Apparel Design Association. Every spring they would hold a fashion show for the students to showcase their work. I designed lines for 2008 and 2009. This dress is one I made for the first show. It is made from an old dress I found in my grandma's basement and went with the color scheme of my line. I wish I had a before picture of the dress to show how dated it was :)

Front
It's a simple design having a full gathered skirt and an empire waist with elastic. Its a olive green knit that was very comfortable.

It also had a scoop neck and short kimono-like sleeves.

Back

I will most definitely be showing the garments I made for the fashion show, so stay tuned!

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment