Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Draped Panels

Now I know I said July would be a month of dresses but I wanted to post some of the projects I do for my freelance work. Most of the work I do is with Charlene Thompkins of Unique Weddings and Events. She is a wonderful wedding planner who pretty much does anything for her brides. She is so creative and when we get together I know we come up with some great designs.

This past week she had me working on some panels for a wedding this past weekend. Some of the panels were a plain, straight design, but the other panels, she wanted a dramatic draped design. For the draped panels I used elastic to create a gathered effect that in turn created a drape when hung up. I wasn't sure what they would turn out like, but when Charlene texted me the photos I was very happy with the results. She was so excited about how they turned out and she even said the bride cried when she saw the whole look together.

So here are some pictures, sorry if they're blurry, it's taken with a phone.

The panels were spaced out with solid ones on the sides and sheer ones in between.

I love the Tiffany Blue she used for the tables and chair backs.

This is the whole effect of the backdrops I made. I love it and so did all the guests :)

These are the plain panels I created to go behind the DJ. Pretty simple but it adds to the feel of the reception.

Charlene is a great designer, and she works with you from day one to find out what your needs are and she strives to make you celebration the best it can be. If you like what you see from the pictures, please please please email her at uniqueswed@yahoo.com and let her bring out the best on your special day.

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment