Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dresses of Summer- Luau

This next dress is one I designed and made for the luau in celebration of my brother's wedding. After the ceremony we had a little reception in the basement of the church with some food, cake, and fellowship. Afterwards, we all went back to the hotel to get ready for the luau we were going to attend for the night. We were shuttled there and when we arrived we were sat right in front of the stage because we were there with a  party for a wedding. Food and drinks were brought to us when we wanted and we had front row seats to all the luau festivities. Almost felt like royalty :)

 I wanted to make a maxi dress because that is what I picture women wearing when they attend a luau. I love the colorful floral print. Definitely a Hawaiian dress.
I created a scoop neck empire waist design and added a braided belt with braided straps.


The back I wanted to create an interesting detail so I did a weaving of the strands continued from the braid I started in the front.

I really enjoyed wearing this dress, especially when I was hand chosen by one of the dancers to go on stage and learn how to do a pom pom dance. It was an exciting experience and one I'll never forget :)

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment