Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dresses of Summer #3

Although I am a fan of designing my own dresses, using patterns is usually a lot faster. Today's dress is brought to you by Simplicity pattern 2374 View C.
I'm a big hoarder of patterns and always buy as many as possible when they are on sale. Let me just tell you that patterns usually run an average of $15-20. Jo Ann's always has them at 40% off, which sounds like a good deal. No way. Get those bad boys when they are 99 cents or $1.99. That is the only time I buy them. Why wouldn't I?

Only problem is I buy them faster than I can make all of them. Who cares though? They were cheap! I'll end up making them some day.

Anyways, I made this dress about a month ago. The burgundy knit fabric I've had for a while (maybe even since I was at State) and the printed fabric was on clearance at Jo Ann's and it has a burgundy cotton under it. It has an elastic waistband and the floral decal is my own little addition.



I decided not to add the zipper and buttons that the pattern called for to keep it a little more simple since I used a bold print.

Now I just have to figure out if I should make that romper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment