Friday, July 15, 2011

Dresses of Summer- Evening Wear #2

This dress that I am posting is the first dress I made for my brother's wedding in Hawaii. I made it from Simplicity pattern 2693, view B. I had added an extra layer at the bottom because it was a little too short for a more conservative family. Then I ended up trying it on multiple times to get the whole look, and I decided it was a little too formal for what I thought the wedding would be. That's how I ended up making the turquoise floral dress.

*Please forgive the wrinkles, I was on a roll taking pictures and didn't want to heat up my room*
 It's a tiered strapless dress, with a gathered waistband and double bow.
 The double bow is the same one I made for the turquoise dress, just a little larger.

I didn't even mean to make the dress the same color to look exactly like the dress on the pattern. The yellow satin was extra from a dress I made for school. I might make one of the other versions for another wedding, just not use a satin to make it seem so formal.

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment