Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dresses of Summer- Ensemble

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!  I did (maybe that's why I missed yesterdays post).

Well because I missed yesterday I wanted to post an ensemble consisting of  a skirt and top. It does look like a dress and  a lot of people thought that. 

I wore this to the grand opening of Unique Wedding and Events' shop opening where I designed a wedding dress they displayed during the event, which I will post later.

I wanted to design and make a basic black fitted skirt that I can pair with a lot of different tops.  The top is made of a reversible silk fabric with black and tan on one side, and purple/blue and black on the other. The event was a black and white affair so I went with the tan side. 

The neck is a cowl technique

 The exposed metal zipper is a technique I've been wanted to use for a while.
 The back has a tie so the straps don't fall, and it also looks pretty cute.

~JV

Please forgive the wrinkles, I was on a roll with taking pictures and didn't want to iron it.

No comments:

Post a Comment