Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dresses of Summer- New Years Dress

I'm sure you can tell that this isn't really a dress you wear in the summer, but I really like this one so I wanted to incorporate it into July's dress blogs. This one is from Simplicity 2305. I love this purple fabric and I thought it was a great color for a fun New Years party.

Front
Back
The neckline "collar" was actually supposed to be a facing (goes on the inside and helps keep the seam flat) but it made the neck look strange. So I turned it to the outside and made it a wavy detail to the neck. The sleeves I made a little shorter and added stitching to create a cool texture.  

Simplicity 2305 View B by Cynthia Rowley
The skirts and purse are really cute so sometime in the future I'll make them. 
Just gotta find the fabric (which won't be too hard)

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment