Monday, July 18, 2011

Dresses of Summer- Reception Dress

I made this dress after our trip to Hawaii but it still is relevant to the trip. Because a trip to Hawaii is a bit expensive, not all of our friends and family were able to attend. So in order for everyone to join the festivities, we had a Hawaiian themed reception back in Michigan the following July.

This is the dress I designed and made for the party. Again the floral print was perfect for a tropical themed party and it had great colors to play with. It is a fitted A-line dress hitting above the knee. The green straps pull out the green details in the dress and are halter style. I had also made a green belt to tie around the waist, but I couldn't find it for the pictures.

The open back was something I wanted for a flirty summer style. 

I actually made a skirt from the remaining fabric for a friends luau themed birthday party this past June.
The fabric was perfect for it.
 It's a simple skirt, fitting right under the bust. It was really easy to put together, basically two seams on the sides, attach to the elastic, and hem.

Enjoy!

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment