Friday, July 29, 2011

Dresses of Summer- Graduation Dress

When I graduated from State, my parents threw a joint grad party for my youngest sister and me since she graduated from high school. I love to make new outfits for special occasions. So I picked out this pretty zigzag print to make a dress. It's from Simplicity 2694 and it's a pattern where you could mix and match different style elements. I basically just chose a dress they had designed already.
Front and Back
It's a basic A-line skirt with a sweetheart neckline and straps. Pretty simple, but that's what I usually do when working with a bold print.
Simplicity 2694 Center Dress
(Forgive the blurriness- I took it with my phone)

I'm actually in the middle of finishing a dress from this pattern that I cut out probably a year and a half ago. It's a mix of the different styles they give you. I should be done soon, so wait and see how that one turns out :)

~JV

No comments:

Post a Comment